Baseball game dev diary version 0.0.1.202010242359: random plate appearances

  1. Set up as single plate appearance button with randomised ball and strike counts. Result randomised between 0 and 9:

    0: strikeout

    1-6: in play, out

    7-8: hit, run

    9: walk or HBP, run

  2. Output result and count to text box.
Wish I'd taken a screenshot. Just imagine three numbers in a single textbox and that's all it was.

That's pretty much it for the first version. Not my proudest moment in programming, but then again, it was probably about 11.30pm when I sat down to start. But hey, the hardest part is starting. It's all smooth sailing from this point on.


Incidentally, because it had been so long since I did any program design that relied on user input to progress through the program, it didn't occur to me that using a loop to cycle through innings would be impractical. Hence I pretty much ignored my scratchings above, and will probably ignore the below too.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MLB (Road to) The Show attribute progression

MLB The Show 21: create a stadium prediction & using created stadiums in online games

V1.1.4.202103032300 Basic player creator, line score tidy up and additional play results, including errors